These are the common reasons you aren't seeing laps in the MX App:
1. Not using a supported activity type on your watch
LITPro only looks for data from compatible activity types. Other types are disregarded.
Compatible activity types:
- For Polar
- For Garmin
- For Apple Watch - select outdoor workout
2. GPS data quality too poor - system cant detect laps
GPS watches can display poor data quality for a variety of reasons. For example, where the watch is worn (on your wrist) or other environmental factors (tree canopy or mountains) can limit the watch's view of the sky. If you are consistently getting poor GPS quality, you might want to try mounting the watch on the handlebars. In some cases, the only option is to upgrade to a precision GPS receiver like the XGPS160.
3. LITPro uses auto-lap detection with GPS watches
To do this well, LITPro looks for motocross-style laps. Keep an eye on these specific criteria.
- Ride at motocross speeds (at least reaching 10mph/16kph on every lap of your riding)
- Your fastest lap of the session must be more than 25 seconds and less than 8 minutes (circuit style track)
- You must have a minimum distance of 15 feet where you are going straight
4. Occasionally Polar or Garmin data is delayed due to outages or problems with their backend
When this happens, we don't have a direct ability to resolve it. We have to wait until the issue is fixed on their end to restore service in the MX App. We don't typically see data loss and they are typically prompt with getting caught up.